What is Aluminum Die Casting?
Aluminum die casting is a manufacturing process used to create smooth, precise, defined, and textured metal components. The alloys used with aluminum die casting offer many benefits such as high thermal and electrical conductivity, corrosion resistance, good mechanical properties, high dimensional stability, and low weight. These desirable properties make aluminum die castings an excellent option for various applications within the communications sector.
Applications of Aluminum Die Castings for the Communication Sector
Various equipment within the telecommunications industry relies on aluminum die cast components due to their durability, low weight, and high conductivity. Specifically, aluminum die castings are useful for communication applications such as electric utilities, radio, and video conferencing.
Other applications for aluminum die cast parts throughout the communications industry include:
- P.C. accessories and hardware. Computer hardware and various accessories rely on die cast parts due to their heat dissipating properties.
- Relay boards. Aluminum die cast parts are utilized because they are lightweight and can withstand heat from the device’s operating system.
- Hubs. Aluminum die cast parts are extremely durable and lightweight, making them a great option for hubs.
- Communication equipment. Communication equipment is often made with aluminum die cast parts due to their strength, excellent dimensional stability, corrosion resistance, and heat dissipating properties.
- Set top box systems. Aluminum die cast components are a strong, cost-effective material choice for set top box systems.
- Electrical housings. Aluminum die cast parts feature good shielding properties and electrical performance, making them a great option for electrical housings.
- Electronic connectors. Aluminum is a natural conductor, making aluminum die casts ideal for electronic connectors.
- Antenna mounts. Antenna mounts can benefit from these components due to their durability, low weight, and high conductivity.
- RF filters. Aluminum is widely used in RF filters due to its effective shielding properties.
- Front face plate. Aluminum die castings are lightweight and durable, making them ideal for front face plates.
Advanced Aluminum Die Casting at DyCast Specialties
Many companies in the communications sector and other industries choose to partner with DyCast Specialties to meet their aluminum die casting needs. We offer high-quality aluminum die casting services for a wide range of industries and applications. Our trained and highly equipped team can manage the entire aluminum die casting process from the project’s initial design to the machining, finishing, and final shipment.
We work with various aluminum alloys, including 380, 383, and 413, to produce lightweight and intricate die castings for many applications. Our facility is equipped with in-house CNC machining centers with tolerance capabilities within +/- 0.00025 of an inch. Depending on your specific needs, we can provide additional processes including coating, annealing, testing, inspecting, and assembling of your products.
Please contact us today to see how your organization can benefit from our quality aluminum die casting services, or request a quote to get started. With DyCast Specialties, you can count on us to produce parts made to your exact specifications, with superior customer service throughout the entire process.